The Forty Acres is the place to be on Saturday, April 23, with an action-packed day of activities beginning at 2 pm prior to the annual Texas Football Orange-White Game presented by Living Spaces at 6 pm The Spring Game, part of ‘ Made in Austin ‘Weekend, is the first chance for fans to get a glimpse of the 2022 Longhorns before the 2022 season opener against ULM on Saturday, Sept. 3.
Admission to the Spring Game and all fan activities surrounding Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium is FREE and seating is first-come, first-served, so arrive early! This year’s ‘Made in Austin’ Weekend is held in conjunction with the University of Texas ’Family Weekend.
Gates open at 4 pm, and fans can enter through Gates 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 14, 16, 25, 27, and 32.
Prior to the game, the action kicks off with Bevo Blvd presented by HEB, Longhorn City Limits, Smokey’s Midway, and Hook ‘Em Hangout including happy hour pricing on $ 5 domestic beers / $ 6 premium beers.
2022 Orange-White Game Fan Highlights
Texas Football Autographs
Join your favorite football players at the Autograph Tent located on Bevo Blvd. Fans will receive official 2022 Texas Football posters to be signed; limit one poster for autographs per person. No outside items will be permitted. Exact autograph time will be announced shortly.
Hook ‘Em Hangout Crawfish Boil, Big Beertha, and Food Trucks! – 2-5: 45 p.m.
Looking for the best crawfish in town? Head to the first ever Hook ‘Em Hangout Crawfish Boil located outside the northwest corner of the stadium in Winship Circle. Fans will be able to purchase crawfish by the pound ($ 12), three pounds ($ 30), or five pounds ($ 45). All crawfish orders will include crawfish, sausage, potatoes, and corn.
Big Beertha will also return to Hook ‘Em Hangout serving up over 10 beers on tap! In addition, fans can enjoy some of Austin’s best food trucks serving up delicious options for everyone.
The Texas Baseball Vs. Baylor game and NBA playoffs will be featured on multiple screens for fans to enjoy.
Team Shop Fire Sale – 2-5:45 p.m.
Gear up with exclusive Texas Athletics apparel – previously available only to student-athletes and coaches – at the Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop “Fire Sale.”.
The sale starts at 2 pm inside the east side concourse of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. Fans can queue up outside Gate 28D on a first-come, first-served basis.
Apparel will be available in a variety of sizes from XS to 5XL. A limited amount of Texas Longhorns Nike Kevin Durant (KD) shoes will be available. Men’s shoe sizes range from 9.5 to 18, and select women’s shoe sizes will also be available.
Bevo Blvd presented by HEB
Bevo Blvd, Texas Athletics’ action-filled pregame street party, completely transforms San Jacinto Blvd. Join thousands of fellow Longhorns fans, the Longhorn Band, Texas Cheer & Pom and Hook ‘Em for the pageantry of Texas-sized events including:
- Celebrate Bevo’s arrival during the Bevo Parade presented by Texas Farm Bureau Insurance at 3:45 pm
- Watch Texas Baseball Vs. Baylor and the NBA playoffs on giant LED screens in two locations
- The official Texas Football pregame radio show on 104.9 The Horn broadcasts live from their set along Bevo Blvd.
- Interactive games, photo ops with Texas traditions, and activities for fans of all ages
- Fans can soar down Bevo Blvd on a 180-foot zip line!
- Try your luck at Hook ‘Em Ring, a giant-sized version of “Ring on a string”
- Test your kicking skills at the Field Goal Challenge
- Enjoy live art activations by six of Austin’s best street artists, curated by HOPE Outdoor Gallery
- Gear up with the largest assortment of Longhorns gear ever at several Team Shop locations on Bevo Blvd.
Longhorn City Limits – 2-5:45 p.m.
Longhorn City Limits returns to the LBJ Lawn for a special set of FREE concerts located on the northeast corner of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.
Fans can enjoy craft cocktails at the LCL Lounge, a refreshing destination for fans ages 21 and up who want to enjoy pregame while listening to the talented LCL artists on stage. All bars at LCL also feature pregame happy hour pricing including $ 5 16-oz. domestic beers and $ 6 16-oz. premium beers. Stubb’s BBQ will also be available for purchase on the lawn.
Fans also have the opportunity to take a photo in front of the Longhorn City Limits guitar monument. This double-sided feature is located on the west curb of the LBJ Lawn closest to Robert Dedman Dr.
Artists lineup will be announced shortly!
Located on the north end of DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium along DeLoss Dodds Way, this fan experience is the perfect bridge connecting Bevo Blvd presented by HEB and Longhorn City Limits.
The area, named after UT’s iconic Smokey the Cannon, features a variety of FREE midway games with great prizes, interactive attractions, unique fair-style food, and additional food trucks and beverage stations. Smokey’s Midway also provides fans access to The Frank Denius Family University of Texas Athletics Hall of Fame.
Among the highlights are:
- Take a ride on the 45-foot tall ferris wheel!
- Attractions include a Giant Pirate Ship, AG Hi-Striker where fans can go head-to-head against Austin’s own major league rugby players, and other activities such as Rodeo Roper
- Children can enjoy the Texas Longhorns-branded inflatable slide and games
- Enjoy various street performers featured at the new Midway Stage
- All carnival rides and games are FREE! No tokens needed.
More exciting Made in Austin Weekend announcements are coming soon including Longhorn City Limits artists announcement and parking details. Visit TexasSports.com and follow @TexasLonghorns on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for updates.
|SATURDAY, APRIL 23|
|8 am – Longhorn Run|
|1 pm – Baseball Vs. Baylor at UFCU Disch-Falk Field (Tickets)|
|2 pm – 5:45 pm – Bevo Blvd on San Jacinto St. (FREE Admission!)
* Presented by HEB
|2 pm – 5:45 pm – Longhorn City Limits on LBJ Lawn (FREE Admission!)|
|2 pm – 5:45 pm – Hook ‘Em Hangout at Winship Circle (FREE Admission!)
* Crawfish Boil, Food Trucks, Big Beertha, and More!
|2 pm & 8 pm – Lion King at Bass Concert Hall|
|2 pm – 5:45 pm – Team Shop Fire Sale (FREE Admission!)
* Enter Gate 27 of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium
|6 pm – Texas Football Orange-White Game at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium
* Presented by Living Spaces
|8 pm – Bon Jovi Concert at Moody Center|
* All activities and times are subject to change.