Nebraska Athletics has partnered with leading name, image and likeness advisory and education firm Altius Sports Partners (Altius) to bolster the school’s NIL program. The Altius NIL launch platform includes ongoing guidance, assessment of departmental initiatives, corporate partner strategies, as well as comprehensive and customized educational services benefiting all internal and external Nebraska stakeholders as the NIL space continues to change.
“We are committed at Nebraska to do everything we can to support the ability of our student-athletes to maximize name, image and likeness opportunities. I am excited to add Altius as a partner to assist us in the NIL realm,” said Nebraska Director. of Athletics Trev Alberts. “Their expertise, guidance and creativity will be an important component of Nebraska being a national leader in the area of name, image and likeness.”
Key elements of the partnership include strategic guidance on overall NIL policy and the development of corporate partnership strategy as well as consultation on emerging opportunities to empower Nebraska’s more than 600 student-athletes across 24 sports. The team at Altius will also help student-athletes, coaches and administrators through best-in-class NIL education from top experts in all related areas including group licensing, marketing, branding, financial literacy and recruiting.
An official partner of the leading collegiate athletic departments and sports properties, the team at Altius specializes in developing and managing comprehensive programs related to NIL. Through its industry expertise, range of services and intellectual resources, the firm’s education-centered approach includes establishing a strategic vision and collaborative planning which helps all stakeholders traverse the structural change and succeed in the rapidly changing intercollegiate sports environment.
“Nebraska is investing in the maximum level of support, education and resources to help its athletes and other stakeholders successfully navigate the NIL. We are proud to partner with the Huskers and Bolster in their efforts to prepare and thrive as a leader in the ongoing evolution of collegiate athletics, “said Andrew Donovan, Vice President, Collegiate Partnerships, Altius Sports.
Nebraska has long been a leader in college athletics, establishing a history of success athletically and academically. Nebraska owns 29 national championships in its history, including five football national championships and five in volleyball. Nebraska is also a national leader in academic awards, leading the nation with 347 CoSIDA Academic All-Americans, and boasting a nation-leading 18 NCAA Today’s Top Ten Award recipients.
Supported by operational leadership and a best-in-class client services team, the Altius cross-disciplinary network of partners and advisory team members includes:
- John Entz, 14-time Emmy winner and former President of Production at Fox Sports, SVP at MLB Network and producer at ESPN.
- Gabe Feldman, Director of the Tulane Sports Law Program, Associate Provost for NCAA Compliance and Co-Director of the Tulane Center for Sports.
- Renie Anderson, CRO and EVP, Partnerships at the NFL.
- David Carter, Executive Director of the USC Sports Business Institute, and a professor of sports business at USC’s Marshall School of Business.
- Jené Elzie, former Pac-12 athlete and current Chief Growth Officer for Athletes First Partners, sister company of Athletes First, the nation’s largest NFL talent agency.
- Oliver Luck, sports business leader and former Commissioner of the XFL, EVP for Regulatory Affairs and Strategic Partnerships for the NCAA, and Athletic Director at West Virginia.
- Michael O’Hara Lynch, former global head of sponsorship marketing at Visa, Inc. and global head of consulting at Nielson Sports, currently a partner in 3 Emerald Marketing.
- Jessica Mendoza, a former Pac-12 athlete and Olympic gold medalist, is a broadcaster for ESPN.
- Kenneth Shropshire, CEO of the Global Sports Institute, and professor at Arizona State.
- Malcolm Turner, sports business executive and former Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics at Vanderbilt and President of the NBA G League.
About Altius Sports Partners
Altius is a leading firm that delivers consulting, strategic planning, compliance support and education to its clients. An official partner of the leading collegiate athletic departments and sports properties, Altius provides strategic solutions on topics ranging from NIL to the shifting landscape of employment and media rights within college athletics. The firm currently represents athletics departments at Arizona, Clemson, Duke, Georgia, Indiana, LSU, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Northwestern, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, Pennue, South Carolina, USC, Tennessee, Texas , Villanova, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin. The firm has also partnered with Women Leaders in College Sports. Providing all stakeholders – athletics departments, coaches, and college athletes – with resources they need to thrive in the new age of college athletics, Altius leverages its deep reservoir of sports business sophistication to help those impacted to prepare and excel. We have built a team of cross-disciplinary leaders to reach higher levels of education, higher access to opportunities and higher standards of excellence.