Men’s Tennis | April 03, 2022
SEATTLE— The No. 13 USC men’s tennis team rustled up with another road win in a 4-1 victory over host Seattle in Washington today. Once again, the Trojans claimed the doubles point with two decisive decisions – this time from courts one and three – and then the necessary three singles wins to secure the Pac-12 victory. The freshman was the team’s best five-time season for the Clincher Ryan Colby, whose straight-set win from court four sealed the deal. USC ranks 15-5 overall and 5-1 in Pac-12 play with today’s win.
Once again, USC’s top guns, # 17 Stefan Dostanic and Bradley Frye, drummed up with an opening win with a 6-2 victory over the Court One to tally their seventh straight victory. On court three, USC’s Ryder Jackson and Samuel Rubell plugged in First 10th consecutive match for USC with a 6-2 decision of their own, and teams playing a singles play with a 1-0 advantage.
On court five singles, # 73 Lodewijk Weststrate got right down to business blasting USC ahead 2-0 with Cesar Bouchelaghem over his 6-4, 6-2 win. Next, # 46 Peter Makk registered his third straight singles win on a swift 6-3, 6-4 win on court three over # 100 Ewen Lumsden. The Huskies would fire back and claim their first point when Jack Davis upended USC’s # 116 Bradley Frye 7-6 (1), 6-2, but Colby was ready and waiting for Trojan control in the back of things. The freshman scooped up a 7-6 (4), 6-3 win over Han-Chih Lin on court four, USC’s 4-1 victory over close action. Two Trojans were looking for position in the Victories when the play came to a close, with # 6 Stefan Dostanic up 5-4 against the third set # 4 Clement Chidekh and Samuel Rubell poised with a 5-1 lead in the second against Nedim Suko in Rubell’s first appearance in the singles lineup this season.
USC gets back to Los Angeles next to set up a rivalry tilt against crosstown rival UCLA. The Trojans will visit the Bruins at 3 pm on Saturday (April 9) at the Los Angeles Tennis Center.
# 13 USC 4, Washington 1
April 3, 2022 | Seattle, Wash.
(1) # 17 Dostanic / Frye (USC) def. Davis / Wong (UW) – 6-2
(2) Makk / Weststrate (USC) vs. # 34 Chidekh / Suko (UW) – 4-4 susp.
(3) Jackson / Rubell (USC) def. Bouchelaghem / Lumsden (UW) – 6-2
Finish Order: 1, 3
USC wins doubles point.
(1) # 6 Stefan Dostanic (USC) vs. # 4 Clement Chidekh (UW) – 1-6, 6-4, 5-4 susp.
(2) Jack Davis (UW) def. # 116 Bradley Frye (USC) – 7-6 (1), 6-2
(3) # 46 Peter Makk (USC) def. # 100 Ewen Lumsden (UW) – 6-3, 6-4
(4) Ryan Colby (USC) def. Han-Chih Lin (UW) – 7-6 (4), 6-3 *
(5) # 73 Lodewijk Weststrate (USC) def. Cesar Bouchelaghem (UW) – 6-4, 6-2
(6) Samuel Rubell (USC) vs. Nedim Suko (UW) – 7-6 (3), 5-1 susp.
Order of finish: 5, 3, 2, 4 *