STONINGTON – An Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I boys’ tennis match in Stonington over a 5-2 win over a pair of three-set victories for East Lyme rallied Monday.
Jiarui Peng won his number. Rohan Purohit and David Chung came back to win their No. 1 singles match 2-6, 6-3, 6-0. 1 doubles match 6-7 (3), 6-4, 6-1 for the Vikings (3-0, 3-0), who also picked up doubles wins from Matt Bradley-Riley Walsh and Rohun Boopathy-Andrew Campbell. singles win from Ajay Rana.
Chris Donnarummo and Owen Grant won singles matches for the Bears (2-3, 1-2).
In other matches:
• Zach Kobyluck rallied for a 6-7, 6-3, 6-1 win at No. 1. 4 singles to give St. Bernard / Wheeler a 4-3 win over Montville in an ECC Division III match. The Saints (3-3, 3-2) also got Wins from Liam Peters. 2 singles and doubles teams Wyatt Hayes-Sam Cunningham and Nathaniel Dobley-Joey Busher. Jack Bowman-Ryan Yang of the Doubles team as Montville (3-4 2-1) for the Brendan Duhamel and Ethan Thomas singles matches.
• Jack Lacey, Aydin Chowdhury, Liam Thurman and Junting Lu swept in singles matches at Norwich Free Academy’s 5-2 win over New London in an ECC Division II match. The Wildcats are 2-4, 2-2. The Whalers (0-4-1, 0-3) for doubles matches won by Alex Churis-Jhandel Marichal and Jahari Nance-Benny Fernandez of The Teams.
• Iris Liu-Jeannette Liu (6-4, 6-7, 6-2), Priya Whitley-Gracie Davis (7-6, 6-1) and Riddhi Bansel-Delanie Fresco-Hawes (7-6, 7-6) ) Win tight doubles matches to highlight East Lyme’s 5-2 win over Fitch in an ECC Division I match. Charlotte Beaulieu and Maddie Beaulieu won singles matches for the Falcons (3-3, 1-3) while Mara Wolff and Ritisha Ande added Vikings (3-2, 1-2) for added singles wins.
• Ledyard swept the doubles match on the way to a 6-1 win over Killingly in an ECC Division II match. Katie Rezendes-Courtney Sizer, Jillian Anderson-Kylee Gill and Sarah Banach-Isabelle Machost were all straight-set winners for The Colonels (3-1, 3-1), as were singles players Sarah Bailey, Claire Fenaughty and Reanna Robbins.
• Grace Duggan, Mia Lewandowski and Angelina Williams won singles matches as unbeaten Stonington beat Waterford 6-1 in an ECC Division I match. Sarah Hage won at No. 6 while Katya Snegovskikh-Katie Johnstone, Erin Motherway-Lauren Buckley and Menira Lewandowski-Annelise McGee swept doubles for the Bears (6-0, 4-0). 1 Lancers for the Singles (1-3, 1-2).
• Paige Raposa and Katrina Hitchcock won three-set singles matches to highlight the NFA’s 7-0 win in New London in an ECC Divisoin II match. Emily Eggler and Shayla Roche also won singles matches for the Wildcats (6-2, 4-0) as did doubles teams Katie Peter-Leeya Fabry, Gabrielle McLead-Katie Lavoie and Madison Smith-Joanna Wu.
• Haddam-Killingworth over a 7-0 Shoreline Conference win in Old Lyme lost just one total game. The Wildcats (7-0, 7-0) received singles wins from Abby Sicuranza, Sam Tan, Callie Bass and Elaina Morosky and doubles wins from Live Bass-Fiona Hufford and Olivia Schaedler-Eva D’Onofrio.